Thursday, November 21, 2013

Best Romantic Glow

Until last week, all I knew about Portland-based Snow Peak was the popular ultra-light stove that I don’t carry. (I use the GSI Soloist instead.)

This micro lantern by Snow Peak
won the Travel + Leisure Design Award
Then I got wowed by a Mini Hozuki.

That’s the packable lantern by Snow Peak that really does light like a candle. No more harsh LED glare in your tent at night. The mini Hozuki hangs from a gear loop and fills your cozy nest with a soft, warm glow. 

Why shouldn’t the light on your table or inside your tent compare favorably with full moonlight?

I had the chance to bask in them both the other night in Death Valley, and there’ll always be a place in my pack for this nifty little 1.9-oz. lantern from now on. It packs a punch of 60 lumens and strobes when needed, then dials down for quiet conversation.

Never pack out without a headlamp, but for solo trips you might want to consider leaving your BD Apollo behind and taking this along instead.



No comments:

Post a Comment