Friday, November 29, 2013

Wear it Out!

Meet my kind of people. Their clothes is their gear.

She hiked ten thousand miles with nothing but these clothes on her back. He wears his jacket to work on an organic farm every day. The ass end of his shorts blew out on Baja long ago; he replaced them with a fabric from a tired beach umbrella. Those fleece bibs have been worn by four of her kids on a maple sugar farm--and by half a dozen of her cousins across the country. And that National Geographic photographer can hardly wear out his clothes in African jungles.

They're all here in the thirty-minute documentary released today by Patagonia, WORN WEAR, giving thanks for who we are and where we've been in the clothes we already own. Yvon Chouinard shares a thought or two from half a century of being in the adventure business.

As for me, if somebody told me I could no longer wear my Senders, which are those irreplaceable lightweight Patagonia cotton trousers with the gusseted crotch, the harness friendly hips and and the soft wicking waist band, I would freak. In my household, the reason we end up being the poster family for Patagonia is...this stuff just doesn't fall apart!!

"Stuff that works. Stuff that holds up. Stuff that you don't just hang on the wall."

So get out there and wear it out! And enjoy the film.


No comments:

Post a Comment