Saturday, March 2, 2013

Best Soft Luggage for the Moto

50-liter Luggage Roll by BMW Motorrad
Soft luggage for long trips on the moto? Tried ‘em all. This is the No. 1 setup by far.

The 50-liter capacity took me cross country in a week, carrying everything I needed to camp. (Lashed my wet tent and poles in a separate nylon stuff sack by Outdoor Research.)

On a previous trip down to the Florida Keys, my gear had gotten soaked inside my 42-liter North Face Cargo Duffel. Believe them when they say “water resistant.” Believe me, you want waterproof.

The Luggage Roll is bomber, waterproof in the monsoon I rode it through, and very easy on the eyes. With a very secure 4-buckle, quick-release attachment system. And a map case that unbuckles and flips back to be used as a day-glo safety flag when you pull over to pull on your rain suit.

Plus, what other duffel comes with a butler’s tray so you can lay out your clothes on the wet ground? Talk about form meets function. Sigh.

Pleased to introduce you to another piece of flawless product design from the OCD BMW folks who list boots, gloves, suit and helmet as mandatory rider’s equipment in every owner’s manual. My kinda gals.

Spitzenmäßig! Five stars.


No comments:

Post a Comment